- Explore Lake Taupo Map
Things To Do
Things To Do
- Attractions & Must Dos
- Free Activities
- Great Outdoors
- Health & Beauty
- Maori Culture
- Rainy Days
- Scenic Flights
- Trout Fishing
- Walking & Hiking
- Water Activities
- List Your Business
- Spring in Great Lake Taupo
- Summer in Great Lake Taupo
- Winter in Great Lake Taupo
- Autumn in Great Lake Taupo
- Shop, Eat & Drink
Ski Mount Ruapehu - Turoa Terrain Park Information
If getting quality park time during the Mount Ruapehu ski season is your thing, then Turoa ski field is the place to go.
Turoa has a dedicated freestyle terrain park located just below the top of the Giant Chairlift. There are medium terrain features for intermediate and advanced riders and an XL Park, offering big kickers for advanced riders.
If you’re just learning how to ride park, you might like to start with the flat ride-on ride-off boxes located in Alpine Meadow and Wintergarden.
It’s a good idea to check what Turoa's weather is up to from their Snow Report before you head for the terrain park. Terrain park features are not always available if weather and snow conditions are not favourable.
Turoa Terrain Tips
Here are some tips from local skiers and riders on where their favourite spots are at Turoa:
- Turoa is great for flat out hard, fast skiing at any time.
- We love riding Turoa because there are heaps of natural half-pipes and bowls with awesome kickers, so there’s fun to be had even when the terrain park isn’t open.
- Big Bowl off the top of the Highnoon Express is a wicked spot in the afternoon when the snow’s softer. There’s heaps of space to carve big turns all the way down the bowl.
- You can’t beat Home Run for a cruisy ride down at the end of a long day in the backcountry. It looks most stunning at dusk, when everything starts to get that pink glow.