- Explore Lake Taupo Map
Things To Do
Things To Do
- Attractions & Must Dos
- Ski & Snowboard
- Free Activities
- Great Outdoors
- Maori Culture
- Rainy Days
- Scenic Flights
- Trout Fishing
- Walking & Hiking
- Water Activities
- List Your Business
- Spring in Great Lake Taupo
- Summer in Great Lake Taupo
- Autumn in Great Lake Taupo
- Winter in Great Lake Taupo
- Shop, Eat & Drink
White Water Rafting in Taupo - FAQs & Tips
What should I bring? What is expected on a trip? What should I wear? Can I bring my camera or are pictures provided?
We’ve compiled some FAQs and hot tips to make your Taupo, Tongariro or Turangi white water rafting trip a memorable one.
All you need is a swimsuit and towel and everything else for the river is provided by the rafting operators.
- Bookings are essential.
- Have a good meal before your white water rafting adventure. Remember, you are the engine and are required to paddle!
- If you wear glasses and require them for the rafting trip it’s a good idea to have them tied in around your head.
- You may bring your waterproof camera (although do check with each operator first) but it is much easier to get the pictures from the rafting guys.
- White water rafting is a great activity in all weather conditions.
- White water rafting is a very safe adventure activity – New Zealand rafting guides and operators are governed by Maritime New Zealand and are audited annually - they are a very professional industry and are regarded as world leaders.
- There are white water rafting options year round.
- You can do white water rafting in Turangi, Tongariro and Taupo.
- White water rafting in Taupo represents fantastic value for money.
- When white water rafting in New Zealand with a Great Lake Taupo operator, you are with New Zealand’s best.