- Explore Lake Taupo Map
Things To Do
Things To Do
- Attractions & Must Dos
- Ski & Snowboard
- Free Activities
- Great Outdoors
- Maori Culture
- Rainy Days
- Scenic Flights
- Trout Fishing
- Walking & Hiking
- Water Activities
- List Your Business
- Spring in Great Lake Taupo
- Summer in Great Lake Taupo
- Autumn in Great Lake Taupo
- Winter in Great Lake Taupo
- Shop, Eat & Drink
New Zealand’s Most Visited Natural Attraction
Located just a few minutes drive north of Taupo, this thundering 11-metre high waterfall is the most visited and photographed natural attraction in New Zealand.
The sheer volume of water flowing over the falls amounts to 220,000 litres per second – enough to fill one Olympic sized swimming pool in 11 seconds!
Enjoy the walking tracks and mountain biking trails alongside the river and wander around the
different viewing platforms, taking in the falls from all angles. Bring a picnic and spend the day here.
On a sunny day, the water is an amazing, crystal clear blue. If you want a different perspective and a taste of Taupo adventure take a boat to the base of the falls and get close enough to taste the spray!
Must Do's around Huka Falls:
- Explore walking tracks from five minutes to two hours in length
- Mountain biking trails for all levels
- Get up close and personal on a boat trip
- Take a photo from one of the spectacular viewing platforms
For more informaion visit www.GreatLakeTaupo.com/HukaFalls.