- Explore Lake Taupo Map
Things To Do
Things To Do
- Attractions & Must Dos
- Ski & Snowboard
- Free Activities
- Great Outdoors
- Maori Culture
- Rainy Days
- Scenic Flights
- Trout Fishing
- Walking & Hiking
- Water Activities
- List Your Business
- Spring in Great Lake Taupo
- Summer in Great Lake Taupo
- Autumn in Great Lake Taupo
- Winter in Great Lake Taupo
- Shop, Eat & Drink
Great Lake Taupo Family Holiday Tips & Local Secrets
Are we there YET?
Driving into Taupo from the north, you can ditch that sat nav as the kids are bound to have fallen silent as you drive over the brow of State Highway One to the postcard worthy view beyond.
Crystal clear waters and snow capped peaks that seem to float mid-air will leave you with a stunning first impression of this majestic region.
Head to the lakefront and feed the friendly ducks and swans right from your hands, then soak away the cares of the world in one of Taupo's free hot swimming spots or grab some floaties and enjoy a river float past Taupo Bungy to Reids Farm.
The entire family will be well looked after and kept amused during a fun filled family holiday in the Great Lake Taupo region. Read through the suggestions from other parents on family-friendly activities and attractions in the region below.
- A Totally Tremendous Tiki Tour around Taupo!
- Acacia Bay Boating
- Beautiful Great Lake Taupo
- Cheap and cheerful things to do with baby in tow
- Family Favourites for a day in the Wairakei Tourist Park
- Free things to do at Great Lake Taupo
- Golf Obsessed Children
- Get on the Right Track and Pump it up in Taupo!
- Holiday Parks and Family Attractions in Taupo
- Honey Hive, Craters of the Moon and Tongariro Domain
- Kid Friendly Cafes in Taupo
- It's FREE! It's FUN! It's . . . The Great Lake Taupo Playground Challenge!
- Lilliput Farm - An Affordable Family Attraction and a Slice of (Taupo) Heaven
- Learn to Ski with the family at Whakapapa, Mt Ruapehu
- Mini Golf and Fish & Chips on the Taupo Beach...
- My Great day at Huka Prawn Park by Jacob Nottage
- Pet Friendly Places
- Rain or shine - Visit the Huka Prawn Park
- Rainy Days in Taupo
- Rubber Duck Drop
- Shawn Golfs
- Taupo floats our boat
- The Maori Carvings of Lake Taupo
- Tongariro Domain and Gelato!
- Whitewater World presents...."JOURNEY INTO THE UNKNOWN"