Otumuheke Stream, Spa Park
Soak your worries away at the natural geothermal hot springs of Otumuheke Stream in Taupo’s Spa Park.
Have a gentle massage under the waterfall or soak in the shallow pools. This free hot spot is popular with both locals and visitors. The level and temperature of the springs vary depending on the rainfall, season and the level of the river.
There are no changing rooms near the stream. Bring your own towel and please take any rubbish away with you.
Spa Park is a public park and is very popular with locals and visitors. For more privacy, you might like to visit some of the other hot pools in Great Lake Taupo.
Once you have passed Taupo Bungy & Cliffhanger, turn left into Spa Park until you reach the car park. From there, follow the path towards the river until you come to a bridge. The hot pools are located around and under the bridge.
- Do not leave any valuables in your car. Please ensure items such as iPods, phones, passports, credit cards, cash, wallets or handbags are well hidden.
- Make sure your vehicle is securely locked.
- Do not leave your belongings unattended at the hot pools. If you are in a group, have a friend stay with your belongings while others swim.
- Cyclists, please ensure your bicycles are locked and secured.
- Read the New Zealand Police Safety Guide for Visitors for more safety tips.
How to find us
All you need to know when backpacking around our region