Great Lake Taupo Job Vacancies
Every once in a while comes an excellent opportunity to work within the Taupo District Council or its subsidiary companies so keep your ears opened and your eyes peeled as you never know what positions are available!
DGLT Board Member
Fixed Term Part Time
Do you have the attributes to help create the best regional tourism organisation in the country? We are seeking a visionary board member to complement the Destination Great Lake Taupo team to showcase Great Lake Taupo to the world.
Destination Great Lake Taupo is a council-controlled organisation (CCO). As a stand alone legal entity the board has responsibility for decisions that deliver better outcomes for the district’s visitor industry and community.
This is a governance role and your strengths will lie in your ability to function at a strategic level with strong business or management skills supporting your knowledge and experience in the marketing of visitor experiences and services.
We want your help to build on our current successes and take the marketing of our region from excellent to exceptional.
The following attributes are sought in members of the board:
• Financial acumen
• Strategy development & implementation
• Business experience
• Marketing expertise, particularly web based
• Proven PR, communication and relationship building skills with both local and national entities
• The ability to represent the wider public interest
• Understanding of governance issues
• Working in partnership with iwi tourism
• A high standard of personal integrity
• Time available to undertake duties
• No conflict of interest
A basic level of remuneration and travel expenses (if required) will be paid.
DGLT Visitor Information Consultant
We are looking for an exceptional person to join our dynamic frontline team at the Turangi i-SITE Visitor Centre.
So – is this you?
• Cheerful and outgoing
• Super selling and communication skills
• A good knowledge of the district and New Zealand
• Highly customer focused – ‘can do’ attitude
• Computer literate
• Able to multitask under pressure
Experience in the tourism industry, Tourism Certificate Level 4 and ticketing knowledge would also be highly desirable.