- Job Vacancies
Jobs at Destination Great Lake Taupo
Every once in a while comes an excellent opportunity for a job in Taupo - perhaps to work within the Taupo District Council or one of its subsidiary companies so keep your 'ears open' and your 'eyes peeled' as you never know what positions could become available!
General Manager - DGLT
The role will be attractive to a creative individual who can lead our skilled team at Destination Great Lake Taupo. You will represent us to the community, local industry and the wider national and international industry responsible for distribution and bringing visitors to the region. You will need a passion for the region and a sound knowledge of marketing principles and communications strategies to guide our team.
We consider the following attributes important in this role:
- Results-driven, with recognised general management experience and a track record of enhancing performance in professional services or stakeholder orientated businesses;
- Demonstrated people leadership skills, including providing long term strategic vision and direction, and developing people capability to deliver high performance;
- Proven track record in business development supported by effective negotiation skills;
- Enthusiasm for developing and sustaining relationships across a range of commercial and local government clients and industry stakeholders;
- Solid commercial experience with evidence of results delivered from effective trading operations;
- Ability to lead change and on-going learning across the organisation; be creative and innovative in tackling complex challenges and demonstrate flexibility, resilience and motivation;
- An astute manager whose integrity and honesty inspires others, who is culturally aware and constructively manages conflict.
Destination Great Lake Taupo is a Council Controlled Organisation funded by a grant from ratepayers to maximise the District’s economic value by attracting visitors and increasing visitor spend. It also works in partnership with the local industry to increase the value of our visitor spend, to enable the industry to continue to reinvest in marketing and enhance what the region offers to visitors. The organisation is also responsible for the operation of two i-SITE Visitor Centres with a combined turnover in excess of $2.5m per annum.
Closing date: 19 January 2015