Erupt Lake Taupo Festival
An explosion of talent! The Erupt Lake Taupo Festival is Great Lake Taupo's very own 10 day arts extravaganza.
This is a Taupo event not to be missed!
The biennial Erupt Lake Taupo Festival, recognised nationally as a premiere Arts Festival, is an iconic event in Taupo that started in 1996 with a modest budget and an enthusiastic group of volunteers. Erupt Lake Taupo Festival is now the signature arts and cultural event for the Central Plateau and Great Lake Taupo region.
The 2014 festival featured over 100 artists showcased in both free and ticketed events including theatre, dance, music, visual arts, fashion and comedy alongside some all time Erupt Festival favourites.
The programme for Erupt Lake Taupo Festival, truly offers something for everyone, specially those who love art, and features some exciting new signature events that are being developed especially for the Erupt Festival.
The Lake Taupo Arts Festival Trust is now poised to leverage from the Erupt Festival platform to deliver a series of high quality, unique and diverse arts and cultural events on an ongoing basis.
- To support this expanded Taupo event, the Trust has developed a comprehensive strategic plan with five key objectives, namely; for Taupo to be recognised as the Central North Island destination in which to experience the arts, building on our established reputation, and exceeding participants’ expectations.
- To support the identification and implementation of opportunities to celebrate the Great Lake Taupo region’s unique heritage, arts and culture.
- To deliver a range of festivals, events and activities that encourage celebration and participation in the arts by the wider community.
- To foster collaboration and cohesion within the local arts community, including artists who show at the Taupo art gallery.
- To operate a best practice culture for all undertakings.
Ask The Local
The Events Capital of New Zealand With so many various events happening all year round, it is no wonder that Great Lake Taupo is considered to be the Events Capital of New Zealand. Attend an event, provide support or organise an event. You'll find impeccable hospitality like no other.- Steve Giles, District Events Manager, Taupo District Council